- Won a bench trial in United States District Court, Northern District of California on behalf of Unionamerica Insurance Company rescinding an insurance policy for the insureds’ material misrepresentation on its insurance application and defeated a cross-claim against Unionamerica Insurance Company for breach of contract, bad faith, and fiduciary duties.
- Won an appeal in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upholding District Court’s finding in Unionamerica Insurance Company’s favor.
- Represented a real estate developer against a national bank for breach of a commercial lease, successfully resolving the claims against the bank after a two week jury trial in California state court.
- Represented an insurance brokerage in a partnership dissolution matter involving claims of fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Successfully represented a regional bank in judicial foreclosure proceedings against borrowers who fraudulently induced a loan, including the appointment of a judicial receiver.
- Researched, drafted, argued, and won a judgment on the pleadings filed in California against a real estate broker for breach of contract and fiduciary duties.
- Defended a California insurance company against a class action lawsuit for purported violations of the California Insurance Code, winning partial summary judgment motion to defeat class certification.
- Represented a jewelry designer in a copyright infringement case against an international diamond company, successfully reaching a satisfactory settlement.
- Represented social media and digital agency companies in numerous contract disputes against former customers.
- Represented a music management company against its clients for breach of music producer contracts.
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS
- From Mao to Madison and Back: An Examination of China’s National Property Law and its Diminished Potential, 23 Temple International & Comparative Law Journal 35 (2009)
- “Don’t Get Hosed: Register Your Car Wash to Avoid Steep Fines,” Los Angeles Daily Journal,August 31, 2011
- “Change Can Cost You: Corporate Defendants’ Motions to Change Venue,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 6, 2011
OTHER ATTORNEY EXPERIENCE
- Selman Breitman, Los Angeles (2008-2010)
- Huron Law Group, Los Angeles (2010-2014)
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Pink Door Non-Profit
- Member, Board of Directors, Unlikely Heroes
Southern California Rising Star (Southern California Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2014)